Sunday 9 August 2009

Learning Italian and choosing DVDs...

Today, after a very late brunch, Dom and I will be making our first attempt at learning Italian together. The guardian released CDs and books to assist and I will let you know how that works out.


Also we just got together a few DVDs to take with us. Last year we took a few as well, not that Eugiene and Katia can't get English/American films, its just that we had a real nice time with them sharing each others favourites. Aside from our lovely nights out on the town together, we were able to relax after home cooked food as well, with a nice glass of red and a film.


We are taking What dreams may come (my all time favourite), Crash, American Gangster, Over the Edge, Iron Man, Finding Neverland and the Manchurian Candidate. Our DVD collection is a little Denzil Washington loaded but what can I say, the man is cast in some pretty cool films!


Dom also chatted to me about his plans for out first few days. I am really looking forward to revisiting the Castel Sant'Angelo. We went there in the day time, however he tells me that an evening there is excellent too! I can imagine it is lit up beautifully and knowing the atmosphere amongst the Roman people of an evening it will be very relaxing and fun.

The Castle is great. It was originally commissioned by the Roman Emperor, Hadrian as a mausoleum for himself and his family. The building was later used as a fortress and castle, and is now a museum. It has lots to look at and a brilliant view! There is also a tunnel leading from the Castle to the Vatican, for escape purposes and the bridge leading to its doors is lined with beautiful Angel statues. Welcoming and watching as you approach.
Well I'm off to eat and learn Italian. I'll get back this evening to let you know our new phrases! =)



No comments: