Tuesday 18 August 2009

Ready for the off...

It is finally the day!!! Well the day being the one where Dominic and I have to go to bed early (we're thinking 8pm) so that we can get up at 1am, shower and travel to Stanstead to catch our plane (which I believe leaves at around 6am) Which means we should be standing in Rome, lovely Rome at about 9am, their time! Yay!

Today we spent the morning paying our savings in, changing up a few pounds for Euros and making sure we had the last few bits and pieces, which included some luxuries for Uncle and Auntie! They have a liking for Yorkshire Tea bags and the Yorkshire tea cakes too! Those, along with a hefty pile of crossword puzzle books added to our own under the limit luggage.

Our main luggage has a max of 15kg (we both hit about 10.5) and our hand luggage can go up to 10kg. Mine is mostly clothes so I didn't even go higher than 4kg.
I am a stickler for clothes...and so my luggage as you can imagine is made up of as many favourites as possible!

The holiday is for two weeks also bearing in mind they have a washing machine that we are able to use if necessary.

I am wearing long shorts, trainers, vest top, cardigan and Denim Jacket on the journey out.
The clothes I have packed are , 2 pairs of pumps, 1 pair of comfy sandals, 15 pairs of socks, 15 pairs of pants, 1 cotton type pair of jeans, 3 pairs of long shorts, a skirt, 3 dresses, 2 pairs of leggings, 1 pair of joggers, 6 vest tops, 4 bras, 4 evening wear tops, a hat and two silk scarves.

Phew!

Then I have a shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, razors, soap, moisteriser, sun tan lotion, make up, hair bobbles, camera, phone, both chargers, pens, sketch pad, spare euros, book, toothbrush, toothpaste...
Gah... can't remember much else off hand! I'm trying to finish off Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer before we leave...I think I have about a 1/4 left and I have read it before, however I always seem to be left with a niggling unresolved feeling if I don't finish a book and then move onto another. The one I'm taking with me is The Hundred Sectret Senses, by Amy Tan. I picked it up in a book sale at school, so I have no idea what it will be like, but if I get the chance, I might have a read of it.

Last year we had curry the night we left for Rome and we didn't sleep hardly at all, so this year we are opting for something simple, like egg and chips, or beans on toast. There's nothing on TV though, so I guess I'll keep reading for a bit.

I am looking forward to so many things. Seeing Eugene and Katia, stepping off the plane into the dry, delicious heat, espresso, pizza, giant garlic laden prawns, tiramisu, choclate cream filled profiterole, red wine, delicately carbonated table water, taking pictures, spending so much quality time with Dominic, seeing all of the beautiful things Rome offers, attending the I love Rome river festival, seeing the Angel Castle at night, eating pamigiano Mangero, eating fresh green vegetables, eating balls of mozarella...need I go on?

Man am I looking forward to it! Catch you when I'm out there my friends!!

No comments: